Loews Hotels & Resorts fully embraces our responsibility as an environmental steward and believes in developing sustainable practices as a leader in the industry. The company is thoroughly committed to reducing its environmental impact by actively participating in standards that are in harmony with the earth’s natural resources and direction through our partnership with ENERGY STAR and other green initiatives.
Our green hotel standards and practices include:
- Food Donations in partnership with America's Second Harvest
- Linen /Terry policy
- Banquet/Back-of-House Recycling
- Eco-friendly Inks and Papers
- Energy Technologies including; Low-flow shower heads, Compact fluorescent light Bulbs
- Green Training
- Green Teams
- All Loews Hotels & Resorts publish seasonal menus that feature seasonal fruits and vegetables that can be bought locally.
- In room service, lounges, bars, banquet rooms and restaurants, including pool restaurants, only reusable linen, dishware and silverware are used. Recycled products used at every Loews property include cocktail napkins and Loews On The Go cups.
- Energy saving measures in our kitchens include monitoring and logging fridge and freezer temperature controls daily with outside audit performed twice yearly to ensure.
- Loews Hotels & Resorts is proud to be a member of the Greens Meetings Industry Council.
And at participating Loews Hotels & Resorts...
- Guest room recycling.
- TV checkout.
- Water reduction efforts to include tap controls, water reuse/water reclamation, metering and sub-metering and sewage credits.
- Laundry planning/production planning with reusable dry-cleaning bags, re-usable detergent barrels and microprocessor-controlled wash wheels.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- During evening turndown service, minimal lights left on in guest room.
- Temperature adjustments when guest is out of guest room.
- Guest sensors for in/out of room.
- Banquet and dining space temperature adjustments after hours.
- Ice water by request only.