Southwestern Food Served With Tableside Guacamole
Magnificent Views and a Creative Menu
Chef Josh Willett has created a delicious and exciting menu for you to savor indoors in our rustic dining room or in front of the cozy fireplace, or outdoors on our patio, surrounded by the magnificent view. Indulge in our famous Table-side Guacamole, made to order by the Guacamoliere, our very own guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients just the way you like it. You can check out the recipe and some tips for making the perfect guacamole, below.
Then, Chef Willett exhibits his own unique Southwestern flair, grilling up steaks, fresh fish and scallops, or putting his own special twist on some traditional, regional favorites like grouper tacos, buffalo sliders, and ceviche at Loews Ventana Canyon. A true passion for Southwestern food is the main ingredient at the Flying V Bar & Grill.
Click here to learn about our Tequila selections.
About the Wine List
70 tequilas and lively signature cocktails are only part of what's we offer at The Flying V Bar & Grill. We also have a well-rounded wine list focusing mainly on domestic vintages to match our Southwestern-style menu. Our informed dining staff can find the right wine pairing for every dish we serve.
Flying V's Guacomoliere Dip Tips:
- Avocados ripen after three or four days.
- Once prepared, maintain the guacamole's distinctive green color by adding the avocado pit directly in the mixture.
- Lime juice also helps preserve the color and adds a little flavor.
- Don't over mix. Guacamole should have delicious lumps of avocado in each bite.
- Wait until prior to serving to add diced tomatoes.
Flying V Bar & Grill's Famous Guacamole Recipe
Enhance this recipe and make it your own by blending with a variety of ingredients.
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- Large Bowl
Optional Ingredients (to mix-in at your discretion): Tequila, Papaya, Orange Juice (to make a fruity guacamole), Smoked Sea Salt or your favorite Seafood: Lobster, Crab or Shrimp
- Gather ingredients together.
- Begin by slicing the avocados in half with a medium sized kitchen knife.
- Hold one half of the avocado in the palm of your hand with the pit facing up.
- Strike the avocado pit with the blade of the knife, twist the knife and pry out the pit. Score the flesh with the knife into large dice cubes.
- Using a large spoon, remove the flesh from the avocado half. Once all of the avocados have been "peeled," gently mash using a fork and spoon. Slice the lime and squeeze over the mashed avocados. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips or a plate of your favorite vegetables. Dip and enjoy!
This recipe will create enough guacamole for 2-4 people.
Loews Loves Kids
At the Flying V Bar & Grill, we never forget our littlest guests. Our Kid's Menu features all their favorites, like quesadillas, hot dogs, pizza, chicken tenders, cheeseburgers and the classic PB&J.