Embrace or Escape
Take advantage of al fresco seasonal fun—think ice-skating and winter festivals—or head inside for a dose of culture, a decadent meal or a cozy craft cocktail. Wander your way this winter and make the most of the season in your city of choice.
Embrace the Season
- Upgrade your ice-skating experience at the Maggie Daley Ice Ribbon. This ribbon of ice winds its way through the landscape of downtown Chicago, creating a path that’s twice the length of a lap around a traditional ice rink.
- Grab your scarf, hat and mittens and take a long, leisurely (or brisk!) walk along the Chicago Lakefront Trail. You’ll warm up your muscles in no time.
- Brave the cold and hit Michigan Avenue for a classic Chicago shopping experience. Lingering in your favorite stores as you search for the best deals will keep you warm between stops.
Eat. Drink. Our Treat! Enjoy up to $175 in dining credits. Learn More
- Soak up some heat at the Aire Ancient Baths, located in a restored factory in the River West area of the city. The historic building provides a unique setting for your experience of the Roman, Green and Ottoman baths.
- Cozy up with a hot toddy or your cocktail of choice at Loews Chicago Hotel’s ETA Restaurant + Bar. Don’t miss the “Local Stops” cocktails named for the city’s famous “L” train lines.
- Keep warm and feed your cultural side with a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago. Don’t miss the Super/Natural: Textiles of the Andres exhibition, opening on February 23.