NEW ORLEANS, La. – When fans and visitors head to the airport on Sunday, after Super Bowl XLVII and on Monday, they will get a bit of “lagniappe” before boarding their flights home.
Similar to the program launched after last year’s BCS Championship game, 50,000 thank you postcards with a chance at a free trip to New Orleans will be handed out by New Orleans Host Committee ambassadors.
“We want to be sure our guests know we are thankful they attended the Super Bowl here,” said Mark Romig, President and CEO of New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation, NOTMC. “Signing them up for a return trip allows us to stay in touch and offer them seasonal opportunities to return.”
One side of the card will be a heartfelt thank you letter from Mayor Mitch Landrieu for visiting New Orleans. The other side will offer an opportunity for a free trip back to New Orleans, compliments of NOTMC and Loews New Orleans Hotel.
Recipients of the card will be able to sign up on the spot, from their smart phones, or online when they return home to win a trip later in the year. Details of the Super Bowl sweepstakes prize reveal a plethora of prizes and experiences, sure to entice those who have just enjoyed the Super Bowl in New Orleans to want to enter a contest to return.
- Round-trip coach class airfare (or up to $500 toward the purchase of airfare, whichever is cheaper) for the winner and one (1) guest to New Orleans, LA from the airport closest to the winner’s residence offering non-stop service to Louis Armstrong International Airport
- Three (3) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (one large king room/double occupancy) for the winner and a travel companion at the Loews New Orleans Hotel in 2013, not during special events and based upon availability
- A welcome amenity from Loews New Orleans Hotel
- A welcome cocktail in the Swizzle Stick Bar at the Loews New Orleans Hotel
- Breakfast for the winner and guest at Mother’s Restaurant
- Lunch for the winner and guest at Commander’s Palace
- Dinner for the winner and guest at Café Adelaide
- Vouchers for café au lait and beignets at Café du Monde
- Cocktails for two at Pat O’Brien’s
- An autographed copy of “In the Land of Cocktails” book
- Spa treatment for the winner and guest at Balance Spa in the Loews New Orleans Hotel
- Round-trip ground transportation from the airport to the hotel
“Loews New Orleans Hotel is excited to be a part of this promotion to award a lucky Super Bowl fan a trip back to our great city,” said David Bilbe, General Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel. “From luxury accommodations and amenities at our hotel to fabulous dining experiences at the famed Commander’s Palace Family of Restaurants, we are giving the winner the best and most authentic New Orleans experience possible.”
The 50,000 contest entry cards will be distributed Sunday and Monday, Feb. 3-4 at Louis Armstrong Airport, and on Monday at Lakefront Airport.