Recreation & Entertainment
Fun Things to do in Orlando
Three Themed Swimming Pools
At Loews Portofino Bay Hotel guests will find three beautifully themed pools to choose from;
- The Beach Pool is the ideal place for the family to spend the day together – enjoy a Roman aqueduct themed water-slide, a sandy beach and adjacent children’s pool, two hot tubs and three colorful beach cabanas.
- Villa Pool offers additional amenities including private cabana rentals and upgraded lounge chairs.
- Hillside Pool on the hotel’s east wing, offers a bit more privacy and quiet place for relaxing by the water.
- The Splendido Bar & Grill offers poolside service of pizza, sandwiches, and beverages.
- Guests can enjoy a weekly “dive-in” movie poolside and a variety of other activities.
There are several piazzas throughout the resort, but the Harbor Piazza is the grandest of them all. Surrounding the sparkling Portofino Bay, you'll find cobblestone streets and sidewalk cafes, complete with Italian sports cars and Vespas parked by the harbor.
Muscia della Notte
Experience "Musica della Notte" (Music of the Night) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Every evening the hotel’s Harbor Piazza comes alive with a musical celebration that captures the romance and charm of Italy and the allure of Mediterranean hospitality. Musica della Notte showcases a unique blend of classic opera, romantic and festive music, along with 'popera' favorites – the wildly popular musical style that bridges the gap between pop and opera. The activities begin every night at sunset (weather permitting) with strolling musicians followed by the show.
Join us for a quarterly wine tasting and jazz event designed to capture the ambiance of the Mediterranean, featuring select wines, gourmet food samples, live music and more! Learn more
Enjoy special appearances by many of your favorite Universal Orlando® Resort theme park characters while you are dining at Trattoria del Porto. It’s great food and fun for the whole family! Learn more
Mandara Spa & Fitness Center
The world-class Mandara Spa® offers a wide range of services including massage, skin care, body treatments, hair and nail care, steam/sauna, and a full service fitness center. The Mandara Spa is a sanctuary where you can relax and discover the elixir of youth, not as a goal, but as a moment of blissful reverie.
Resort Kids' Camp
When Mom and Dad want to enjoy a night of fun or a quiet dinner alone, they can drop the kids off at our Resort Kids' Camp. Kids will enjoy arts & crafts, stories, computers, video games, movies, board games and other activities. Kid’s Camps are for children ages 4-14. Counselors are trained to supervise toilet-trained children ages 4-14 only. $15 per hour, per child / $15 per meal. Open from 5:00pm to 11:30pm, Sunday through Thursday and from 5:00 pm to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays (subject to change). Please call 407-503-1200 for reservations and more information.
Golf Universal Orlando
Try your hand at one of the world's oldest lawn bowling games at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Played between two players or two teams of up to four players on a team, Bocce is played with 8 large balls – 4 of one color, 4 of another color – and one small target ball called the "Jack," or "Pallino." Boccee Ball courts are located near the Villa Pool.
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel offers five upscale retail shops and boutiques where you’ll find everything from the latest European fashions to rare works of art.
- Alta Moda carries many fine Italian lines for men, women, and children along with the impeccable resort wear you’d expect to find at Portofino Bay Hotel.
- Family Art Photography & Printing offers a variety of HD prints on unique media that will turn your photos into memorable works of art.
- L'Ancora is the place to shop for your favorite Portofino gift or remembrance, along with a variety of necessities you may need for your day at the parks.
- Le Memories de Portofino features the finest in Portofino logo and resort wear as well as unique gifts.
- The Universal Store captures all of your favorite characters, along with the excitement of both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios® for you to take home and remember your exciting stay at Universal Orlando® Resort.
With two amazing theme parks – Universal Studios® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure® – the non-stop nightlife of Universal CityWalk® and more, Universal Orlando® Resort is an entire universe of action, thrills and excitement for every member of the family. Universal Orlando® Resort is where vacation becomes adventure.