Services + Amenities
Our Italian-inspired hotel has a list of services that you’d be hard pressed to find without a trip across the Atlantic. And we do our best to treat all of our guests as if they’re royalty. So feel free to request turndown service or have us bring you a flute of Prosecco before bed. While our property has a lovely European elegance, we know that when you’re on vacation, you like to let loose and have fun. If you need a cocktail at the pool, all you need do is wave and we’ll bring you a chilled bellini—or a light lunch. Every evening, the Harbor Piazza is the place to hear enchanting live music with Musica della Notte. For those who’d like to indulge in a little pampering, our full-service Mandara Spa is located between our Beach and Villa pools. If a morning on the links happens to be your bag, we’ll arrange tee times and even get you a special rate.
With Programs like Loews Loves Kids and Loews Loves Pets, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is ready to make sure that if the family is along for the trip, the whole gang is sure to have a great time. When it comes to Orlando hotels, you just won’t find services to match ours.
Poolside Activities + Recreation
Three Themed Swimming Pools
The Beach Pool is ideal place for the family to spend the day together—enjoy a Roman aqueduct-themed water-slide, a sandy beach and adjacent children’s pool, two hot tubs and three colorful beach cabanas.
- Villa Pool offers additional amenities, including private cabana rentals and upgraded lounge chairs.
- Hillside Pool on the hotel’s east side, is a retreat that offers a bit more privacy and a quiet place for relaxing by the water.
For a more private retreat, rent one of three colorful beach cabanas at the family-friendly Beach Pool complete with amenities such as a ceiling fan, phone, Plasma TV, a refrigerator with water, soda and a fruit bowl. Offering more exclusivity with upgraded amenities and lounge chairs, the serene Villa Pool is the perfect place to also rent a cabana and relax for a couple of hours or the entire afternoon. Contact the Concierge at 407-503-1200 for more information.
Poolside Activities & Bocce Ball
From ping pong tournaments to pool basketball to hula hoop contests and arts & crafts, you'll find something fun to do poolside for the whole family. Check with the concierge upon your arrival to find out what's going during your stay.
Try your hand at one of the world's oldest lawn bowling games at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Played between two players or two teams of up to four, Bocce is played with eight large balls—four of one color, four of another—and one small target ball called the "Jack," or "Pallino." Bocce courts are located near the Villa Pool.
Musica della notte
Experience Musica della Notte (Music of the Night) at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. Every evening, the hotel’s Harbor Piazza comes alive with a musical celebration that captures the romance and charm of Italy and the allure of Mediterranean hospitality. Musica della Notte showcases a unique blend of classic opera, romantic and festive music, along with 'popera'—the popular musical style that bridges the gap between pop and opera. The activities begin every night at sunset (weather permitting) with strolling musicians followed by the show.
Join us for a quarterly wine tasting and jazz event designed to capture the ambiance of the Mediterranean, featuring select wines, gourmet food samples, live music and more.
If you like to shop, you'll find an amazing variety of stores here, offering everything from character-themed souvenirs and apparel to valuable collectibles. We have five wonderful boutiques right here inside Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, where you can find European fashions, jewelry, rare works of art and more. Let us lighten your load as you browse throughout Universal Orlando.
- Alta Moda carries many fine Italian lines for men, women, and children along with the impeccable resort wear you’d expect to find at Portofino Bay Hotel.
- Family Art Photography & Printing offers a variety of HD prints on unique media that will turn your photos into memorable works of art.
- L'Ancora is the place to shop for your favorite Portofino gift or remembrance, along with a variety of necessities you may need for your day at the parks.
- Le Memories de Portofino features the finest in Portofino logo and resort wear as well as unique gifts.
- The Universal Store captures all of your favorite characters, along with the excitement of both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios™ for you to take home and remember your exciting stay at Universal Orlando Resort.™
Loews Loves Kids
Our signature Loews Loves Kids Programs are designed to make it fun and easy for families to travel with children and teens. From lending libraries of games to childproofing kits, we have everything to make your family's travel as seamless as possible.
Resort Kids’ Camp
When Mom and Dad want to enjoy a night of fun or a quiet dinner alone, they can drop the kids off at the Resort Kids' Camp. Kids will enjoy arts and crafts, stories, computers, video games, movies, board games and other activities. Kids' Camp is for children ages 4–14 (children must be toilet-trained children). $15 per hour, per child / $15 per meal. Open from 5 PM–11:30 PM, Sunday through Thursday and from 5 PM to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays (subject to change). Please call 407-503-1200 for reservations and more information.
Babysitting: Simply contact the concierge for arrangements and fees for more information.
Loews Loves Pets
At Loews Hotels, we are cat-and dog-friendly, all pets receive their own gifts including a pet tag, bowl and a special treat to kick off their vacation. Owners receive a detailed brochure with information on hotel pet services such as our Loews Loves pets room service menu, local dog walking routes, and area pet services, including veterinarians, pet shops and groomers.
We pay special attention to our guest rooms, which accommodate pets by conducting extra thorough cleaning. We charge a one-time fee of $100 per stay. Loews Hotels limits the number of pets to two (2) per room and in the hotel overall. Loews Hotels takes all necessary measures to ensure the safety and comfort of all hotel guests and pets. For the complete Loews Loves Pets Policy, click here.
Other Services + Amenities at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Audio/Visual: PSAV our in-house partner has the latest state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment for your every need.
- Catering and Conference Facilities: Our catering and conference facilities provide exceptional settings for entertaining and private meetings.
- Concierge: Our knowledgeable Concierges are happy to handle nearly any request.
- Dry Cleaning: Dry cleaning or same-day laundry service is available six days a week, including holidays. Express service gets your items back in just a few hours.
- Internet: We offer guests free wireless high-speed Internet access. You can connect from your guestroom, public spaces and even the pool areas.
- Room Service: If you prefer to dine in your room or suite, Room Service is available 24 hours a day
- Shoe Shine: Simply call the Bell Desk for complimentary overnight service
- Security: Safety is always a top priority at Loews Portofino Bay. Officers are on duty 24 hours. For your safety and protection, always keep your door double-locked while occupying your room.
- On-Site Business Center: located near Conference Area. Available 24 Hours with Room Access for Computer Usage and Printing. Complimentary Boarding Pass Printing. Staff available M-F 7AM-5:30PM & Saturday 7AM-12PM to assist with high volume copies and shipping. *Package Handling Fees apply for inbound/outbound shipping. Call for more information. Please note the Business Center cannot store perishable items.
- Mail Services: Guest can receive mail throughout their stay. If you intend to receive mail during your stay with, please be sure to include the resort’s mailing address, along with your name and arrival day for your reservation. Please note that package handling fees will apply to all packages that are received through the Luggage Service desk. Call for more information. The hotel cannot accept groceries or any other perishables that are mailed to the resort.
- Age requirements: You must be 21 years of age, and provide proper identification upon check-in, to book a room at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. There must be at least one person in the reserved room who is 21 years of age or older.
Airport & Local Transportation
Whether you are in Orlando for business or pleasure, you can count on the hotel Concierge and Destination MCO’s team of local experts to handle your transportation needs seamlessly. Private car service is available for hotel guests arriving at Orlando International Airport through Destination MCO (fees apply) and can be arranged with the Concierge 407-503-1200 or with the Destination MCO team at 407-422-2522. Once you have reserved your vehicle, your private chauffeur will be waiting for you with a name sign on the second floor of the Orlando International Airport (MCO), next to the escalators closest to your specific baggage claim carousel.
Walking paths and shuttle buses connect all of Universal Orlando's on-site resort hotels to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™ and Universal CityWalk™. Universal's Volcano Bay™ is accessible via complimentary shuttle.
Rental Car Services
Avis® desks are located next to the Universal Orlando™ Vacation Planning Center and are open seven days a week from 8 am–5 pm. To make a reservation††, call (407) 503-1156.
Mobility Scooter Rentals
For guests who need to rent a mobility scooter during their stay, we have four preferred vendors allowed to deliver equipment on hotel property.
The preferred vendors are listed below. Please be aware that no other companies are allowed to deliver mobility scooters on hotel property.
For Your Accessibility Needs:
The following areas are accessible:
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the fitness center
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the swimming pool
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the business center
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to spa
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in self-parking facility
- Accessible parking spaces for vans in self-parking facility
- Swimming pool
- Business center
The following areas may not be fully accessible (call hotel for more information):
- Registration desk
- Concierge desk
- Public restrooms
- Fitness center
Additional accessibility information:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Hotel’s valet parking accepts vehicles specially outfitted for wheelchair users
- Accessible guest transportation
- Accessible guest transportation with advance notice
- Hotel has a TTY for guest use
- Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided