Ventana Canyon Activities
Welcome to our Golf and Tennis Paradise
From bogies to birdies, from aces to cross-court winners, Loews Ventana Canyon is a golf and tennis lover’s paradise. Business travel or leisure travel … there’s always time for your favorite sport.
Located just steps from the front lobby and in conjunction with the Ventana Golf & Racquet Club, we offer two Tom Fazio-designed championship 18-hole golf courses. Both courses are designed to blend into the Santa Catalina Mountains’ natural features. Weaving through desert cacti and scenic canyons, the courses embody the character of the Sonoran Desert landscape, as well as a unique variety of desert fauna. The Canyon Course winds through the inspiring beauty of the Esperero Canyon and incorporates the massive rock formation known as Whaleback Rock. Click here for more information about golf at Ventana Golf & Racquet Club.
MOUNTAIN COURSE - The 6,902-yard, par-72 course boasts the most photographed hole west of the Mississippi—#3, a 107-yard par 3 that plays across a plunging ravine to a granite-encased green. Learn More
CANYON COURSE - This 6,836-yard, par-72 course winds through the inspiring beauty of Esperero Canyon and incorporates the massive rock formation known as Whaleback Rock. The par-5 18th hole showcases a partial island green and a steep, cascading waterfall. Learn More
Tee Times + Club Rentals
You can also contact the pro shop at 520-577-4015 for tee times or additional information. If you are planning a group or corporate event, ask for the Golf Event Coordinator.
Golf club rentals are available for your convenience and the rental includes six golf balls.
Day or night, invigorate your tennis game on one of our four lighted tennis courts, surrounded by an inspiring mountain desert-scape. Maybe you’d like to challenge yourself with classes? Or hone your backhand with a friend? Whatever your goal, our staff is available to teach, advise, and also provide rental equipment to our members and resort guests. Don’t forget to look up--there’s no better motivation than the majestic mountains surrounding you.
- Organized Play: Suitable for all skill levels. This adult program features singles and doubles play with a professional on hand to discuss strategy and specific techniques. Free to members and hotel guests, $10 for locals.
- Drill and Play: Fine tune your tennis skills with a combination of repetitive drills to build muscle memory and consistency, and play-based drills to add creativity and experience to your game. $10 for members, $15 for guests and locals.
For individual lessons, group lessons or a hit with the Pro, contact the Spa Front Desk at ext. 5544 or 520-529-7830. (A 4-hour cancellation notice is required to avoid penalty fees.)
General Fees + Lesson Rates
- Court Rental: $20 per hour (includes a can of tennis balls)
- Ball Machine: $20 per 30 minutes (includes court time)
- Racket Rental: $5 per day
Tennis Lesson Rates
- Private Lesson: $70 per hour / $50 per 30 minutes
- Hit with the Pro: $70 per hour / $50 per 30 minutes
- Semi Private: $85–$105 per hour up to 8 people
Special rates apply for members. Click here for information on our Membership Programs.