Understanding Our Responsibilities. Shaping Our Communities.
At Loews Hotels, we are in the business of hospitality. But we also believe that doing the right thing is everyone’s business. So Loews has a variety of programs and initiatives that are focused on everything from safeguarding our planet to being a positive force in the community to fostering a more inclusive world.
Loews Hotels fully embraces our responsibility as an environmental steward and believes in developing sustainable practices as a leader in the industry. Loews is thoroughly committed to reducing its environmental impact by actively participating in standards that are in harmony with the earth’s natural resources and direction through our partnership with ENERGY STAR and other green initiatives.
OUR GREEN HOTEL STANDARDS AND PRACTICES INCLUDE:
- Food Donations in partnership with America's Second Harvest
- Linen/terry policy
- Banquet/back-of-house recycling
- Eco-friendly Inks and Papers
- Energy Technologies including; Low-flow shower heads, compact fluorescent light Bulbs
- Green Training
- Green Teams
All Loews Hotels publish seasonal menus that feature seasonal fruits and vegetables that can be bought locally.
In room service, lounges, bars, banquet rooms and restaurants, including pool restaurants, only reusable linen, dishware and silverware are used. Recycled products used at every Loews Hotel include cocktail napkins and Loews On The Go cups.
Energy-saving measures in our kitchens include monitoring and logging fridge and freezer temperature controls daily with outside audit performed twice yearly to ensure.
Loews Hotels is proud to be a member of the Greens Meetings Industry Council.
And at participating Loews Hotels & Resorts...
- Guest room recycling.
- TV checkout.
- Water reduction efforts to include tap controls, water reuse/water reclamation, metering and sub-metering and sewage credits.
- Laundry planning/production planning with reusable dry-cleaning bags, re-usable detergent barrels and microprocessor-controlled wash wheels.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- During evening turndown service, minimal lights left on in guest room.
- Temperature adjustments when guest is out of guest room.
- Guest sensors for in/out of room.
- Banquet and dining space temperature adjustments after hours.
- Ice water by request only.
We at Loews Hotels are happy to support DonorsChoose.org. At various times throughout the year many Loews properties have special promotions that include gift card donations to DonorsChoose. This remarkable organization helps fund local educational projects and support public schools in need.
Good Neighbor Policy
The Loews Hotels Good Neighbor Policy, the hospitality industry’s first comprehensive community outreach program, addresses issues ranging from hunger relief and literacy to green practices and the arts. Loews Hotels’ commitment to good corporate citizenship is so strong and deep that with each year the Good Neighbor Policy has evolved and grown.
Created in 1990 by Jonathan Tisch, Loews Hotels Chairman, the Loews Good Neighbor Policy is the company's formal commitment to our long-standing tradition of understanding our social responsibility to the communities where we own and operate hotels.
Loews Hotels addresses various issues of social concern and supports charities corporately, and each destination is required to conduct specific activities, including:
- Donating excess food to local food banks, shelters, and hunger relief programs.
- Supporting local literacy programs by providing space for classes to be held and volunteer instructors from the hotels.
- Extensive recycling programs including office paper, newspapers, aluminum, plastic, and the purchase of recycled products when possible.
- Donating used goods such as linens and furniture to local organizations and shelters.
- Encouraging volunteer activities for hotel employees.
- Implementing energy saving equipment in new hotels and in existing properties as they are renovated.
Loews Hotels Good Neighbor Policy was awarded the President’s Service Award, the highest honor given by the President of the United States for community service directed at solving critical social problems.
Minority Business Enterprise Program
While times may change, our commitment to doing the right thing has not. We still believe that our success is a result of strong relationships with partners that lead to empowered employees, satisfied customers, and an improved community. For us, that means providing economic opportunities to minority and women owned businesses through the Loews Hotels Minority Business Enterprise Program. This program gives small businesses owned by these groups the opportunity to become partners of Loews Hotels.
WHAT WE BUY
- Operating supplies and equipment
- Furniture fixtures and equipment
- Food and beverage
- Design and construction services
- Freight and logistics
- Services, engineering supplies and utilities
WE WILL EVALUATE EACH APPLICANT BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Hospitality references
- Competitive prices
- High standards of quality and performance
- Insurance and indemnification requirements
- Minimum 3-year business history