Loews Hotels & Co celebrates Earth Week
April is Earth Month, a time to raise environmental awareness and create consciousness around the issues that affect our planet. This year at Loews Hotels & Co our hotels and resorts have aligned with the global theme: Invest in our Planet. Our hotel teams are participating in Earth Week events and initiatives taking place April 17 – 23. During this week, Loews Hotels & Co locations are coming together to show our dedication as a company of our time, resources, and energy to help fight climate change and other environmental issues. Investing in our planet is necessary to protect it and the best way to pave a path toward a prosperous future. When we Invest In Our Planet together, we are supporting communities worldwide.
For Loews Hotels & Co going green has been part of the culture for decades along with our core principle of being a Good Neighbor. It is our mission to embrace our responsibility as an environmental steward and champion sustainable practices alongside our Team Members, guests, and the communities we serve.
In addition to our ongoing efforts on ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) initiatives, our hotel teams are participating in multiple events and initiatives during Earth Week, including:
- Park, river, and beach community cleanups
- Clean the world partnerships and recognition
- Re-launching food composting containers
- Launching a new ORCA digester to alleviate food waste
- Planting fresh herbs & flowers with an elementary school
- Resort tree planting
- Reusable shopping bag giveaways
- Print & plastic-free days
- Promoting local farmer suppliers
- Carpool/ride your bike days to work
Here are a few small steps you can make every day to impact energy efficiency.
- Always ensure lights are turned off when leaving a room.
Waste and Recycling
- Pay attention to what you throw out in the regular trash.
- If it’s recyclable discard it in the proper bin.
- Use reusable water bottles and containers.
- Turn off the faucet when not using water.
- Reuse towels.