Get Super Bowl Ready - Philadelphia and Kansas City Style
Make these mouth watering recipes at home
Super Bowl is known for many things, TV commercials, football, and most importantly, food. Enjoy these destination-inspired recipes from our Chefs in the City of Brotherly Love and the Heart of America.
Philadelphia is synonymous with cheesesteak. If you aren’t having something cheesesteak on Super Bowl Sunday you are missing out. Try making this all-time favorite from Joe Thomas Jr. from Bank & Bourbon at Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
Smoked Short Rib CheesesteakIngredients:
- 5 pounds of short rib flats
- 1 onion
- 1 Texas-long hot
- 12’ seeded hoagie roll
- Cooper sharp cheese (3) slices
- Season heavily each short rib with salt pepper and ground coriander seed, smoked short ribs low and slow at 325 for 3.5 hours.
- Shred the meat before placing it into a pan with sliced onion.
- Chop the short rib meat into small pieces.
- Once tender, add 3 slices of cooper sharp cheese and place roll over to melt the cheese.
- Roast one long hot in a 350-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Kansas City doesn’t do anything small. If you are looking for a Midwest way to root on those Chiefs, prep for Table Top Nachos prepared by Loews Kansas City and The Stilwell’s Executive Chef, Mark Ching.
Table Top NachosIngredients:
- Variety of Tortilla Chips
- Taco Shells
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Variety of Shredded Cheeses
- Beans or Refried Beans
- Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
- Pulled Pork or Pulled Chicken
- Diced or Sliced Red Onions
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Green Onions or Chives
- Sliced Grape Tomatoes or Diced Roma Tomatoes
- Sliced Lime or Lime Wedges
- Variety of Salsas from mild to hot.
- Queso Dip or Cheese Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Crema Mexicana (Table Cream)
- First layer foil on the table surface and then cover it with parchment paper. Use tape to secure the paper.
- Place a single layer of Tortilla Chips and place your serving bowls out onto the table.
- Prepare all items that need to be warmed and add them to serving bowls.
- Set out all cold dips into serving bowls.
- Layer cheeses, veggies, and garnishes onto the tortilla chips evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone.