COVID-19 and Loews Hotels & Co
September 17, 2020
At Loews Hotels & Co, the safety and well-being of our guests, team members and communities continues to be our top priority. We understand the concerns which surround the recent spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, and want to remind our customers of the continuous efforts we make on a daily basis to provide a welcoming and clean environment at our hotels.
We have provided all of our properties with guidelines and trainings designed to help our teams respond to the threat of infectious diseases, including updated information intended to address questions raised by COVID-19 specifically. This guidance is informed by recommendations from various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities. It outlines, among other things:
- The symptoms of COVID-19 and how it is transmitted, based on current information.
- Steps that can be taken to help minimize the risk of transmission.
- How to address guests or team members who are or may be ill.
- Reporting infectious diseases to local health authorities or the CDC as required.
- Operational procedures for cleaning and disinfecting common surfaces and guest rooms.
- The appropriate use of personal protective equipment by team members in the presence of potential biohazards.
- Guidance for communicating with guests and team members.
- Following the recommendations of local health authorities and/or the CDC, where practicable.
As a company, our everyday standards include cleaning guestrooms and public areas with a disinfecting sanitizer, including the cleaning of “high touch areas” such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches and table tops, among others. Given the current environment, we are even more focused and committed on the enforcement of such standards.
In the event of a case of COVID-19 confirmed at one of our hotels, Loews Hotels & Co would, to the extent practicable, adhere to the direction and protocols of the applicable local, state and federal health and government authorities.
Updated Cancellation Policy as of October 2020
We understand flexibility is key during uncertain times, therefore we have further modified our cancellation policy to 24-hours, for any new and existing reservations. Special events, pre-paid and non-refundable reservations may be subject to different cancellation and deposit terms and conditions.
For reservations made through a travel agent or an online booking platform please contact them directly as your reservation will be subject to their terms and conditions. For groups and meeting inquiries, please contact the hotel where your meeting is taking place.
Welcoming You Back
Thank you for choosing Loews Hotels & Co, where guests, team members and the community are always welcomed like family. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to seeing you soon.