There's nothing like a warm summer day in the south: the sun dancing on your skin, a breeze caressing your face and the gentle hum of cicadas singing a perfect summer soundtrack.
If you've spent much time in Nashville, you may agree that summer is one of the best times to visit. Home to a community that's passionate about rich culture and good-quality fun, Nashville provides endless possibilities to check things off your summertime bucket list.
Banditos band, out of Nashville
If there’s one thing Nashville has in spades, it's entertainment. Celebrating music culture 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the city is never short on musical energy. These are some of our summer highlights:
- Let Freedom Sing July 4th Celebration: Enjoy one of the nation’s most popular July 4th destinations with performances by Lady Antebellum, Chris Janson, Lucie Silvas, Shannon Sanders and the Nashville Symphony Orchestra.
- Live on the Green: Experience this free outdoor music series every Thursday (and Labor Day weekend) in Public Square Park. The series features local and national artists.
- Music City Food and Wine Festival: Close out your summer from September 14–16 with world-renowned chefs, beverage masters and performances by event co-founder Kings of Leon.
photo by @10nboyd10
Fun in the Sun
Grab your sunscreen and favorite pair of shades. It’s time for some fun in the sun! Though an abundance of outdoor recreation is available, two of our favorite ways to spend a summer afternoon include:
- A Day on the Water: Enjoy a leisurely day kayaking or paddle boarding the Cumberland River or take your day to new heights and experience flyboarding. Several lakes can be found just outside the city limits as well, including Radnor Lake (7 miles from Loews Vanderbilt), Percy Priest Lake (12 miles from Loews Vanderbilt) or Old Hickory Lake (28 miles from Loews Vanderbilt)
- Chasing Waterfalls: Make a day of it and explore one of Tennessee’s natural wonders. The drive required is between 1.5 to 2.5 hours, so be sure to pack a lunch, towel and plenty of water.
photo by @olliealexander
Home to the Nashville Predators, Tennessee Titans, Nashville Sounds, Nashville Soccer Club, with a MLS expansion franchise on the way, Nashville continues to grow in reputation as a sports town. Here’s what you can expect this summer:
- Nashville Sounds: Playing games almost daily, a Nashville Sounds game is a classic summer tradition. What beats an exciting day of baseball with peanuts, hotdogs and cracker jacks in hand?
- Nashville Soccer Club: Join in on the newest craze by cheering on the Nashville Soccer Club at one of their 17 home games at First Tennessee Park.
- Hermitage Golf Course: Voted Tennessee’s #1 Rated Public Courses by Golf Digest. A day of golf at Hermitage offers a day of fun on the links.
Karen has been with Loews Atlanta since October 2014 and also joined Loews Vanderbilt’s team in October 2016. Born and raised in Atlanta, Karen has loved watching the evolution of her hometown and enjoys exploring her second home in Nashville. It’s the balance of Southern charm and new innovation in these two wonderful cities that she loves the most.